Selected Creative Nonfiction and Short Fiction:
- Potatoes. Foliate Oak Literary Magazine, February 2017.
- Good as Old. Gravel: A Literary Journal, November 2017.
- Harlow at the Dump. Front Porch Review, April 2018.
- The Long Way to Town. Typehouse Literary Magazine. Volume 5, Number 2, Issue 14, Page 54. June 2018.
- Under His Spell. Dual Coast Magazine. Issue # 6. July 2018.
- A Slice of Apple Pie. Blue Lake Review. July 2018.
- Out of Nowhere. Shantih Literary Journal. Issue 3.1, Summer/Fall 2018.
- Eulogy for an Elm Tree. The Meadow. Summer. 2019.
- Smokey the Therapy Cat. Adelaide Literary Magazine, Year IV, Number 26, July 2019
- Small-Scale Management. Northern Woodlands. Winter, 2019, Pages 14-15.
- The Cutting Edge. Down East, March 2020, Page 92.
- Names. Exit 7. Spring 2020.
- Somewhere Down East. The River. 4 May 2020.
- A Taste of Ecuador. Maine Homes, To appear in Summer, 2020.
- Precarious Climb. Northern New England Review. To appear in Summer, 2020
Selected Technical Papers (Prior to 2010):
- Miller, A.C., and B.S. Payne. 2005. The curious case of the fat pocketbook mussel, Potamilus capax. Endangered Species Update 22(2):61-70.
- Miller, A.C., and B S. Payne. 2006. A retrospective analysis of a large-scale endangered species project. Environmental Practice 8:115-124.
- Miller, A.C., and B.S. Payne. 2006. The fat threeridge (Amblema neislerii), the surprisingly common endangered mussel in the Apalachicola River, Florida. Endangered Species Update 23(1):25-33.